What is virtual reality?
The concept of virtual reality is built on the natural combination of two words, the virtual and the real. Virtual reality is using computer technology to create simulated environment. The main difference between traditional user interfaces and virtual reality is, it give us an inside experience instead of viewing a screen in front. In the virtual reality, users are immerse in their surroundings and able to interact with the 3D WORLD. A virtual reality experience able to stimulate our senses such as vision, hearing, touch and even smell. In simple terms, VR allows us to immerse ourselves in videos. This environment is perceived through a device known as VR headset or helmet.
Virtual reality technology
Normally we understand our surroundings through our five senses and the perception mechanisms of the body. Senses include taste, touch, smell sight and hearing, as well as spatial awareness and balance. The stimulus gather from the senses are proceede by our brains to make interpretations of the objective environment around us. In the VRtechnology it attempts to create and illusory environment by presenting artificial information’s to our senses and making our minds to believe it as a reality. In here hardware devices such as goggles, headphones,and special glows are using to create virtual environment.
Most of recognizable component in the VR as head mounte display (HMD).Human beings are considering as visual creatures. With this technology the biggest difference of the VR system from the traditional user interfaces is the display technology. CAVE automatic environments actively display virtual content on to room-sized screens. So These are popular among people in universities, big labs, consumers and industrial wearables are the wild west.
Difference between virtual reality and augmented reality
Augmented reality simulates artificial objects in the real environment and the virtual reality creates artificial environment to inhabit.
So in augmented reality, the computer uses algorithms and sensors to determine the position of the camera. AR technology renders 3D graphics as they appear from the viewpoint of the camera, superimposing the computer-generated images over user’s view of the real world. It is an enhance version of the real physical world that is achieve with digital visual elements, sound, or other sensory stimuli delivered via technology.
In the virtual reality, also same math and cameras are use as in augmented reality. The difference is in VR the position of the user’s eyes are located within the simulated environment than locating s real camera within a physical environment. If the users head turns, the graphics react accordingly for that movement. Rather than compositing virtual objects and a real scene, VR technology creates a convincing, interactive world for the user.
Uses of virtual reality(VR)
Uses of virtual reality(VR)
- Real time medical education-In the real time medical education process physicians and aid and training as an active surgery.
- Improve patient experiences-VR is being use for pain management and to ease the anxiety in patients with severe and chronic conditions.
- Education-In classrooms VR is using for allow students to better retain knowledge and helps to students with learning difficulties.
- Entertainment-VR is using in video games and to practice extreme sports from home.
- The media-Immersive journalism takes the users to the places where events have occurred with live streaming of 360 videos.
- Architecture-In the architecture, VR helps to present the project to their clients easily.
- Culture/Arts-Some museums and galleries offer virtual visits or immersive experience to help understand history and culture associated with each work.
- Military-So in some countries use VR for solders in simulated combat environments.
What is virtual reality? The concept of virtual reality is built on the natural combination of two words, the virtual and the real. Virtual reality is using computer technology to create simulated environment. The main difference between traditional user interfaces and virtual reality is, it give us an inside experience instead of viewing a screen…